At Academic Excellence, we appreciate the uniqueness of each individual child. As such, we maintain the importance of specifically tailored programs that accommodate to the academic needs for each student.
In offering individual and group tutoring sessions and a Home Schooling alternative, our role as educators extend from broadening your child’s academic potential to enhancing the skills of those who require remedial attention.
We offer all classes, at all different skill levels:
- English (Standard, Advance, English Extension 1 and English Extension 2)
- Mathematics (General, Advanced, Extension 1, Extension 2)
- History (Modern, Ancient, and Extension History)
- Science (Chemistry, Physics, and Biology)
- Society and Culture
- HSIE (Business Studies, Economics, Geography and Legal Studies)
- Studies of Religion (both 1 and 2 Unit)
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)
- Art and Drama
- Junior English / Junior Mathematics
- Study Skills and Examination Workshops
- Behavioural Management
- Psychometric Assessments
- Woodcock Johnson Assessments
- Professional Services (Occupational, Speech Therapy, Educational Psychologist)
- Counselling for subject selection and University courses
Our services include:
- Each student is matched to a tutor based on the individual needs of the child and the collaborative personality types.
- Private sessions can be booked for 1, 1.5 or 2 hours depending on the type of lesson required.
Small Group Tutoring
- Small groups and holiday workshops intend to aid HSC and IB students collectively, teaching them how to collaboratively work together and help each other with study techniques, habits and emotional support.
- Holiday workshops are designed to have HSC or IB student’s intensive knowledge: we provide HSC and IB practice exam papers, exam skill preparation, and incorporated feedback and grading for their upcoming assessments.
Mainstream schooling is not for everyone, so a viable alternative is to home school children. We recognise that not all children fit in the box and often these children flourish more in a home schooling environment. Academic Excellence’s home schooling programme is a wonderful practical solution for your children whereby our tailored programmes cater specifically for your children’s needs. It provides greater flexibility and your hours can be worked around the student’s sleep patterns. It can also enable students to get a casual job and study at the same time, teaching life skills as well as education. The home schooling programme at Academic Excellence follows the NSW school curriculum, is accredited by the Department of Education and it can be as intense as you like, as long as the hours of the mandatory subjects are covered. Through Academic Excellence all home schooling packages are prepared and you have the ability to enrol though Distance Education for Year 11 and 12.
Resources for Students
- Each student is provided with a series of notes that supports the school curriculum. These aim to consolidate and broaden your child’s knowledge and confidence, allowing them to contribute greatly to the class environment.
- Specifically, primary and secondary reading materials for English are provided to develop a deeper understanding of the school’s prescribed text, in addition to regular exam practice.
- The notes that are provided for each child is reflective of their capacities and abilities are.
Individualised literacy and numeracy programs
Our tailored and personalised educational programs foster your child’s individuality creating a solid foundation for their development of core skills. We embrace the weaknesses and strengths of each child so that we can help them reach their greatest potential and develop a love of learning.
Neuro-feedback Education: Train Your Brain
We have delved into an exciting new field of neuro-feedback education. Neuro-feedback is a non-evasive and practical process, using cutting-edge technology which facilitates the enhancement of a child’s cognitive functioning. This innovative technology has unlimited scope and can be tailored to work on specific learning needs. In the USA research has shown that neuro-feedback education has particular potential for “prompt and greater improvement in ADHD symptoms,” highlighting the broad capacity of the program. Most importantly, this program allows us to quantitatively measure your child’s improvement and follow their progress.
Psychometric Testing /Woodcock Johnson Standardised Testing
Psychometric testing are a set of cognitive assessments, which are used to determine a child’s learning capability by identifying their cognitive strengths and weaknesses. These assessments include the measurement of knowledge, abilities, attitudes, personality traits and educational measurements. In doing so, we are able to tailor our holistic learning programs to specifically target a student’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. These benefits will not only translate into their experiences in the classroom, but also within their everyday life.
Social Skill Development & Play Therapy
Play Therapy programs allow children to develop cognitive, social and emotional skills within our nurturing and safe environment encouraging student’s expression of fear, idea and imagination.
We also offer professional services of Psychologist, Speech Therapy, Nutritional Advice and Occupational Therapy.
Dyslexia Specialist Services
A dyslexia specialist plays a pivotal role in the development of literacy skills. Our specialist will identify, test and evaluate a student’s literacy competencies and implement appropriate strategies and activities to conquer challenges with reading, writing and spelling.
Adopting a multi-sensory toolkit, our dyslexia specialists are creative in their teaching style and they organise and deliver an educational action plan that is in line with school curriculum whilst evaluating a student’s progress at appropriate learning intervals.
Dyslexia teachers need unparalleled emotional empathy as they must identify that students can be frustrated, anxious and lack self-esteem due to their learning difficulties. Furthermore, Dyslexia teachers also determine if a student requires other forms of intervention or testing to help circumvent further issues (i.e: Educational Psychologist) and also address factors that can relate to diminished language skills such as impaired eyesight and hearing.
Our Dyslexia specialists have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that are utilised when delivering instructions to students, discussing teaching content with parents and when acting as a liaison with other teachers to ensure appropriate accommodations are implemented so that students with dyslexia can achieve their educational milestones.